Re: [IP] Insulin to carb ratio

>>> Not wanting to start a contest, but what is the smallest amount of carbs to 1 unit of insulin anyone has heard of being used?  Using Humalog.  Does anyone approach 1 unit for 1 carb?<<<

No, a contest isn't a good idea.  Or, let's put it this way -- it isn't a contest anyone wants to *win.*  You know how fast insulin can go?!

But I did get pretty close to one unit for one carb.  I had one unit for every two grams at breakfast for the last couple of months of my pregnancy.

Jacqui was asking about the largest bolus taken.  Actually, at that point, I was taking injections so that I didn't have to change out my reservoir and infusion sets too often, but I took somewhere between 30-35 grams for one of those breakfasts.  I usually tried to reduce the amount of carbs during my breakfast meal, though, for that reason.

Kristen Olgren -- dxd 1985, pumping since 1990

"Free price comparison tool gives you the best prices and cash back!"