Re: [IP] Re:Quick-Set Advice/hints

Since your son is used to using an inserter, that's one hurdle you won't have
to deal with (I know some kids who started out with manual insertions with
sils/comforts are bothered by the sound the inserter makes).  My daughter has
been using Quick-sets with an inserter for 17 months and definitely would not
consider switching to any of the sets currently available.  Two hints about
the Quick-Set:  (1) When "cocking" the inserter make sure that both of the
little white buttons are fully engaged (popped out) and then when you got to
insert, be sure to press both those buttons FIRMLY IN *at the same time* and
(2) Disconnecting & reconnecting the Quick-set can take a little practice. be
sure to read the instructions and try it out when you're not under a time
crunch.  You do NOT need to squeeze anything, just turn the connector.
Sometimes it helps if you hold the round adhesive tape still with the fingers
of one hand while you disconnect with the other.  Once my daugter got the
feel of it (in just a couple of tries), she could disconnect & reconnect in
the blink of an eye but I know some people have had a frustrating time with
this part, so I do recommend practicing it before it's a necessity . . . Good

Pumpmama to Katie