Re: [IP] RE: "a diabetic" vs. "diabetic"

In a message dated 10/8/02 1:09:04 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> As to those that don't see a difference between "being a diabetic" and
> "having diabetes" I extend my sympathy.  I must assume that you miss other
> subtle denotations in English and miss much of the poetry and meaning
> expressed in English when properly used.

Ahhhh.....the greatness of the US of A and everyone being entitled to a
difference of opinion.....I hold a university degree with a minor in English
and am the mother of a diabetic who has diabetes, which applies on some days,
and some days I am the mother of Mary, who gives me gray hairs for other
reasons.....spent time this weekend with a great group of folks, including
five diabetics, who were the reason for the gtg......
now ten!