Re: [IP] Dead In Bed Syndrome DIB

>>A nurses abreviation for Dead in bed when writing a report<<
This reminded me of some of our Hospital terms.

I work in an ER where hopefully we don't have beds.
We do have a term for patients who overly eager residents or EMS personal
try to revive beyond all hope.
We say "That patient is DRT" (Dead right there).
These patients end up being admitted to the ECU
(Eternal Care Unit).

John & His Paradigm