Re: [IP] Disetronic Pumps

> I totally agree with John about the Disetronic pumps.  I started on
> a H-Tron
> six years ago and changed to a D-Tron two years ago and have never
> had a single problem with either.
> I am curious about the statement "I was one of those who helped make
> the D-Tron a 2 pump system when I had my first problem with the pump
> rod".  I never heard before about the D-Tron being a 2 pump system;
tell us
> more.
> Hal (Auburn, WA near Seattle)

I had the pump rod disassemble itself on retract only weeks after I got
it. And
the pen was a disaster, bent the first needle only had 3. And had no idea
often to take insulin or amount. it was 6am before work. Talk about
panic!  I took
all with me and called D on the way to work.  I was shipped a new pump
day air. I also called the educator nurse at the hospital and found how
to take
shots (amount and timing} then called the sales rep and he had his demo
to my home so I was off my pump for 10 hours. Only 3 shots, and the next
the replacement arrived. Since then I have had several retract problems,
the rod
had to extend and retract it a couple of times and after this repeated
itself I had
the pump replaced. Several times I complained and finally was sent a
second pump
as well as another member of the pump club who had also called and got a
pump. Not much else to say but the latest pump works great, and I have a