[IP] Re: Self-employed insurance question

I am a bookkeeper for a small company.  The company subscribes to an HMO,
but also has a PPO option.  The rates increased quite a bit this past
year.  For me and my family (husband and two children), it costs $520 a
month.  My co-pay sounds somewhat similar to yours; however, I also pay
20% for my strips (new this year as opposed to free last year--was
considered durable medical equipment).  One of the employees and his wife
have opted for the PPO plan, and it costs $820 a month for the two of

YMMV--I live in southern California.

Insurance isn't cheap, but I feel blessed to have it.

Best to you,
Ruth Stingley