[IP] Re: Quick-Set insertion

In a message dated 10/6/2002 1:13:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> In the "Insulin PumpTherapy Workbook" that came with my Paradigm
> pump there is a section where insertion of the Quick-set by hand is
> described.
> Does anyone insert or has anyone inserted the Quick-sets by hand?  Should
> hand
> insertion be considered as an alternative to the Quick-serter tool?
>             Always learning, Rex

Hi Rex,

 Yes, I always insert the Quick-set's by hand. I never got an inserter and am
happy not to have one more item to keep track of. It's very easy as they go
straight in with about as much force as a regular injection takes. I have
been doing this for a year and haven't had one instance of bending, crimping
or other problems. Try it!

Laura G.