[IP] Where to donate unused meds?

There have been lots of posts about donating insulin pumps and extra pump
supplies on this list. Does anybody know where we could donate unused,
unopened, unexpired prescription meds to somebody that could use them?
My dad recently received a 3 month prescription renewal through the mail (not
sure what was) only to have his doctor prescribe a different drug for his
condition. He doesn't want to throw the stuff out and the one place he called
to ask if they could use it got huffy with him and said they only accept
donations from drug firms.
Sorry this is off topic, but I just have to ask the people I know have
Thanks a lot!
Linda V