Re: [IP] RE: breastfeeding and diabetes

Hi everyone--- sorry that I am so behind on these posts, but I have had a
hard time keeping up with the baby and returning to work  I chose to
breastfeed my son and had no problems with the doctors or nurses.  The
biggest problem I had were the severe lows for the first 6 weeks each time I
nursed.   It didn't matter that my BG was 150 prior to nursing, I would
still drop to the 30's or 40's when I nursed.  No one could figure it out---
my basals were appropriate and I even accounted for the extra 200 calories
needed to nurse.  I actually started to enjoy regular soda ( too bad that I
always had a chocolate addiction--- hehe) The only other issue was adjusting
my basals again after returning to work and weaning my son.
YMMV
Dal