[IP] RE: "a diabetic" vs. "diabetic"

>Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 11:20:36 -0400 (EDT)
>From: "Arnold Berkowitz" <email @ redacted>
>Subject: [IP] Re-send, mailer problems    --------> Web Site: New Features>

>     diabeteslist.spunge.org is pleased to
>announce a new facility for all diabetics, the
>document server.

I hope I don't come off as "politically correct", but I personally dislike
"diabetic" used as a noun.  It is old-fashioned and at least in the US we
don't name people after their diseases (I have never seen a "cancerian",
"HIVian", or a "herpeite").  How people write casually is really no concern
of mine.  However, websites do significantly influence people.  Instead of
"recipes for diabetics" I would rather see "diabetes friendly recipes" or
even "recipes with nutritional content" since in reality if you pump and
have decent control you CAN eat whatever you want if you know the
nutritional content.

I am not my disease, I have a disease.