Re: [IP] school nurse

In a message dated 10/4/02 11:52:38 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> We have our 504 meeting Monday and I'm sure that they will make me take
> out the glucagon part of the document. I guess parents do not really have
> much say about the content of 504's. I verified this by checking the 504
> training book my vice principal has at the elementary school where I
> teach. I will send a letter of protest after the 504 meeting if I am not

I always hate having to battle for our kids rights when they have enough to
*fight*......first, you do not have to take the glucagon *out* and if they do
anyway you may refuse to sign it and appeal and, second, just because it is
in a district book does not make it law (it sure didn't in the district we
used to be in)...ask them to give you a copy of the law they are basing their
refusal on....the last district, when asked, gave me a copy of the law they
were referring to but it was not applicable to glucagon as they said and it
was very easy to disprove (them accepting that was another thing as it was
their district *law* which is not a law)......they also cannot refuse service
because they do not have a credentialed nurse to do the training if, indeed,
it is a law they MUST provide the nurse to do the training......and, no, they
cannot write anything they want in a 504 and be in compliance with the
law....good luck!
now ten!