[IP] Disetronic Pumps

Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 23:18:59 -0500
From: John L LaMaide <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] Any info on the D-Tron Plus?

>> I've read up the review @ Diabetes.net, received Disetronic's 2 page
>> brochure,
>> and I'm supposed to get my hands on one @ the end of the October
>> from my rep.
>> Has anyone seen/used one?
>> Btw....I think it looks sharp, and is a 2-pump system like the
>> H-Tron Plus.
>> Unless it is unwieldy in size, it is the likely candidate to win out
>> for my
>> 2nd pump.  New H-Tron Plus is second choice.  Will be trying the

>Hi,      Not the D-Tron Plus but the D-Tron
>I have used the D-Tron for over a year now and the H-Tron for
>6 years before it. Both have been GREAT!!! Both are a comfortable
>hand full, D-Tron is slimmer and slightly longer very easy to hold due
>to the slight taper. Also having a built in pump rod means fewer spare
>supplies to carry around.  I would still use the H-Tron if the D was
>not available. It would be second choice. Sorry but I think the MM
>has to many gimmicks like the Remote,. and not water resistant.
>And I have used the Insight Web site to load pump data.

>Yes I have had problems with both but not the problems that MM
>seems to have and the Am  is to new to really have a history. I can say
>I love the water resistance and I was one of those who helped make
>the D-Tron a 2 pump system when I had my first problem with the
>pump rod. I can say as I have from day one, 7 years ago next week,
>"They will have to pry it from my dead hands. I really love my pump.
>And if anyone has questions for me I will be happy to answer.

>John LaMaide

I totally agree with John about the Disetronic pumps.  I started on a H-Tron
six years ago and changed to a D-Tron two years ago and have never had a
single problem with either.

I am curious about the statement "I was one of those who helped make the
D-Tron a 2 pump system when I had my first problem with the pump rod".  I
never heard before about the D-Tron being a 2 pump system; tell us more.

Hal (Auburn, WA near Seattle)