[IP] Re: Coordinating prescription refills

In a message dated 10/4/02 3:35:22 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< My HMO is pretty firm on this--you cant purchase refills until just about
exact 30 day date. >>

mine too! I've been thinking about this as I'm reading all these posts.
most of my Rxs are written for a little more than I actually need, so that's
a good strategy. The only one that doesn't work for is birth control pills. I
think it's kind of hard to get it so that I need everything at the same time
every month, so I just call for refills as I need them. I'm at my pharmacy
anywhere from once to three times a month. I usually call for insulin when
I've started using my last vial, so that gives me some good leeway as I only
take 35 units/day. I call for strips when I've opened my second to last vial.
For my pump supplies I wait until I'm into my second to last box of something.
dxed T1 9/92, pumping since 1/02