I would say my honeymoon may have lasted as much as three or four years.
Deanna
dxed T1 9/92, pumping since 1/02

In a message dated 10/4/02 9:56:58 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< > Question for the whole group:

> How many experienced the honeymoon period and for how long?

I was diagnosed in August of 1993 and I was in my honeymoon period for 13
months.
     ~Erin
       Pumping since 7-18-02 with my blue Paradigm "Lancelot"

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:10:33 -0500
From: "jhughey" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Re:  Honeymoon period question

>>>I NEVER was lucky enough to experience it. I was diagnosed before I went
into DKA, luckly, but I never got to go through the honeymoon. <snip> It was
tough going trick-or-treating and having a huge bagfull of candy and the
next day being told I would *never*
eat candy again. Adriana>>>

I didn't have a honeymoon period either - I was in a coma at diagnosis. I
awakened in the hospital with an IV in my left arm, tied on a board and
attached to the bed, and an IV in each leg while under an oxygen tent. That
was Nov. 5, 1950 but for Halloween the week before I was so sick I laid on
the lawn of one house cuz I couldn't make it up to the door to beg for
candy. I had at least an 8-block walk home after that!

@
(including an album of the EVOLUTION OF INSULIN PUMPS) >>