I know it's cliche, but hang in there. You still might get your way. I got my
Animas pump when I was with a medical group that didn't contract with Animas.
My doctor signed off on what I wanted. They actually originally denied the
request even though he signed off, but I got my way after calling and making
sure they changed the paperwork and understood that my doctor approved it. I
had to do this twice. It was a little simpler than your situation, but
definitely appeal and pull out all the big guns. Don't give up. What's your
doctor's role in all of this? Maybe he/she can help.
Good luck.
dxed T1 9/92, pumping since 1/02