Re: [IP] Re: ACE Inhibitors

On 10/4/02 7:22 PM, "jspock @shore.net" <email @ redacted> wrote:

>> [IP] Re: ACE Inhibitors
> Here's a question...
> My endo mentioned today that it might be a good idea for me to go back on an
> ACE Inhibitor.  Here's the problem (isn't there always one?).  I take a
> medication  (Florinef) to *raise* my bp (as well as to maintain salt and
> potassium).  If I take an ACE, aren't they sort of going to cancel each
> other out?
> Weird Jenn

It would seem that way, BUT I'm not Spot so all I can do is check my Scripts
website and a tool there said:

<<<<<     Potential Drug Interactions
You searched for interactions of combinations of the following drugs:
Florinef Acetate, Zestril.
(Caution: not all drug interactions are known or reported in the literature,
and new drug interactions are continually being reported.  This information
is provided only for your education and for you to discuss with your
personal healthcare provider.)
No interactions were found for the drugs you selected.   >>>>

So, I would assume that your Endo would not prescribe something that would
counter what another drug he prescribed was doing.

George    :>)