[IP] RE: breastfeeding and diabetes

My son was  nursing on demand at diagnosis.  The dietician and doctor told me
he could only nurse with meals after being diagnosed.  I was scared about the
diabetes and listened to them.  (I was also pregnant.)  In retrospect, I
should have continued to nurse on demand, as his bgs were erratic
anyway...and the trauma of the diagnosis was no way to begin to wean.  I
think La Leche League should have a pamphlet about babies and toddlers with
diabetes...and empower the moms to continue to nurse on demand.