[IP] Re: Insurance & Marriage

> ?  What are the rules
> about being married and getting on a spouse's
insurance?  Thanks!

The person that asked this question is ready to get
married, BUT to anyone who thinks it is insignificant
to add yourself to someone's insurance - BEWARE!

Every state has different statutes regarding common
law marriage.  In Colorado all you have to do is
introduce your partner as your spouse (or add them to
an insurance policy as your spouse) and viola! you are
married.  Very archaic laws we have here, but they are
still on the books.  (How the he77 does she know
this??, you ask.  Because I had to get a divorce from
someone whom I never married, she replies).

Check with a family law attorney - they will know how
things are applied in your state.  If you are added to
their health insurance plan as a spouse, but really
aren't - you might be commiting fraud.  Be careful.

-gail in denver
Dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11, pumping since 1985-ish.

Do you Yahoo!?