Re: [IP] Sorry, The Animas Experiment is Over

In a message dated 10/4/02 4:53:01 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> other than to recite twice
> to me that their pump performs 1000 checks per hour and when it detects a
> problem it will shutdown.....Guess what.....My pump also performs '000's of
> checks per hour, but it has never put itself or me in a compromising
> position....ever.

which is what it does when it detects a *problem*.....I didn't know the
disetronic performed that many checks per minute (where might I see that
data?).....I guess I view an alarm as a means of preventing compromising
situations...such as low insulin or what ever....I don't consider that *pump
failure*, I consider it a valuable warning....no matter where it
happens.....JMO......I don't embarrass easily.....btw, did you ask about them
trading out for a new one?
now ten!