[IP] animal origin insulins

Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 03:14:10 +0000
From: "jspock @shore.net" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #678

>Re: [IP] Re: Blood Drive & Diabetes
> > The American Red Cross's "official" policy is that all
> > insulin dependent diabetics can give blood.  They
> > might require a letter from your physician stating
> > that you have the MD's permission to do such.  This
> > policy was established about 7 years ago.

The only question I've seen asked around here is phrased something along the
lines of "If you are diabetic and inject insulin, have you used beef- or
pork-based insulin in the past" however many years.  More of a Mad Cow and
Hoof and Mouth Disease thing, than anything else, from what I can see.

Weird Jenn
email @ redacted
AIM:  jspock1
ICQ:  25177424
MSN:  email @ redacted

slow!"  -Kathy Buckley

No animal origin Insulins have been prepared by the two giants of insulin
production, Lilly and novo-Nordisk. If you need animal origin insulin you
can set up a small shop in your basement and buy pancreas glands  by the
100 pound weight sacs from your local abbitoir.  It is cheaper and easier to
produce insulin by bacteria or yeast.

A. L. Bender, M. D.