Re: [IP] Sorry, The Animas Experiment is Over

"I am confused....I thought the tech did give you an explanation.....Mary's
has done this, I *rebooted* and off we went.....I think it is great that a
reboot resolved the *problem*" - Beverly

Beverly,

The point is that it never should have happened in the first place.  And if it
did, there should have been a way to troubleshoot the cause of the problem.  I
don't know how many issues you have had with your daughter's pump, but like I
stated previously, in 44 months, twice have I been forced to remove the
batteries, both times because I created a problem  by yanking on the luer lock
connector.

If an insulin pump has some sort of failure, there should be a reason why it
did so & a way to rectify it from happening again.  Animas tech support was
not able to answer either of those two questions, other than to recite twice
to me that their pump performs 1000 checks per hour and when it detects a
problem it will shutdown.....Guess what.....My pump also performs '000's of
checks per hour, but it has never put itself or me in a compromising
position....ever.

Computers crash & need to be rebooted from time to time,  not my insulin
pump.

Harry