Re: [IP] Re: Co-ordinating Prescription refills

>Think of what the above entails:
* Extra trips to the pharmacy using either gas and/or time. If you have the
$$ for the gas, not everyone has the spare time traveling and waiting in a
pharmacy for supplies. The time can be better utilized.
* The conversations about you by the employees when they see you coming and
after you leave and are out of earshot. Probably some pretty interesting
*opinions.*  You might not make it in time one of these trips - an accident,
involving someone else holding up the process, or your own.* A power outage
may cause the store's computers be rendered useless and they cannot refill
nor transfer any of the Rx's.
* In another storm you'd be relying on someone else to access your supplies
when they could be helping someone who through no fault of their own needs
emergency care. It could mean their life or death.<

Well Luckily my pharmacy is at the end of my street - less than a 5 min
walk, and is open 24 hours a day.  In the case that there is a power failure
the pharmacist know me well enough ( 16yrs of D) to give me what I need
without using computer, they have givin me meds without percription, strips
,syringes and insulin but not pills etc, while waiting on doctors return
phone call to renew prescription, my pharmacy calls the doc when a refill
order is needed.  They realize that that these are medically nessisary and
while you can miss use insulin they know me not to, and I mean am I really
goning to miss use 300 test strips before they get the prescription to bill
to my insurance? I think not.
Somehow I doubt they talk about me behind my back I know them well and
truthfull I really could care less.  Talk all they want!  I've only once ran
totally out of insulin, the rest of the times I get it when I start my last
vial which last a weekish.  as for syringes if I run  out I can always reuse
the last one a few times till I get some, and test strips well you can buy
those at any drug store so if the pharmacy has some natural disaster, well
I'm out a bit of cash for a few weeks!  The only thing I run into trouble
without is my pills for my stomach and I've yet in 4 years to of run out and
not get a refill in time so I'm living on the edge for that I guess but hey
why not.
  Sure there could be some kind of accident or something on the way and I
wouldn't get refills but then again I could stock up for a couple months and
my house could burn down with all that $$ costly meds inside, what the
chance of it happening ?  My insurance will only pay for 3months supplies in
advance so if 3 months worth burned up then I'd be out of pocket alot of
cash but if 1month or less burned up thats less cash out of pocket ......

Did I metion I can call in my refills and pick them up later so it'll take
maybe 10 min max of my time to walk there pick it up and walk home,
I think I can manage!

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)