Re: [IP] Honeymoon period question

I don't know wether I had a honeymoon period or not, but a 9yr old girl at a
d-camp I worked at was(i think)she was diagnosed for about 1 yr and at the
camp we had her on NO N or long term insulin and I think a TOTAL of 3-4
units of H for the day!!!  AND her sugars were still between 4.0-6.0 the
whole time I was amazed.  We decreased her insulin due the activities at
camp though at home she was on a little bit of N and I think double the H.
I thought that was crazy for a 9 yr old though.  Another girl that was at
camp a few years ago, she was 12 and took 75 units of N in the morning
alone!!  Once again it comes down the the YMMV thing!

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)