[IP] Re: Honeymoon period question

>>>I NEVER was lucky enough to experience it. I was diagnosed before I went
into DKA, luckly, but I never got to go through the honeymoon. <snip> It was
tough going trick-or-treating and having a huge bagfull of candy and the
next day being told I would *never*
eat candy again. Adriana>>>

I didn't have a honeymoon period either - I was in a coma at diagnosis. I
awakened in the hospital with an IV in my left arm, tied on a board and
attached to the bed, and an IV in each leg while under an oxygen tent. That
was Nov. 5, 1950 but for Halloween the week before I was so sick I laid on
the lawn of one house cuz I couldn't make it up to the door to beg for
candy. I had at least an 8-block walk home after that!

I bought you a box of chocolates today, the kind you love - both big and
small. They were as good as they looked - delicious, decadent. I should know
as I ate them all. ~ Marguerite Loucks Dyes