[IP] insurance and marriage

I am getting married in March, and had planned at that time to switch to my new
husband's health insurance plan that he is on through work.  I recently found
out that at the end of November I will be downsized and changing to a new job,
which will probably have a 90 day waiting period for insurance.  I hate the
idea of being without insurance for 60 days, even though I would still be
eligible for the new insurance (that's the law, right?  no lapse longer than 60
days?) so we would have to get COBRA for 3 months.  We can't afford it, and I
hate to put that kind of expense on my parents because they could barely afford
it, though they would pay for it if I asked.  So I had this bright idea that
maybe we could get legally married in November, just go before a Judge and get
the license, nothing else, and have the regular ceremony like we normally would
have in March.  I would change my name in March.  We live together and have a
joint bank account already.  Then I could get on his health insurance when my
job here ends, and not need COBRA.  Is that legal?  Is it insurance fraud?  Is
it a practical idea?  Anything I may not have thought of?  What are the rules
about being married and getting on a spouse's insurance?  Thanks!