[IP] Honeymoon period question

Question for the whole group:

How many experienced the honeymoon period and for how long?

I NEVER was lucky enough to experience it. I was diagnosed before I went into
DKA, luckly, but I never got to go through the honeymoon. Are there others
that had a similar experience? It was tough going trick-or-treating and
having a huge bagfull of candy and the next day being told I would *never*
eat candy again.

 dx'd Nov 1, 1988 at age 7 and pumping since 1992-2000 (MM 506/507)  and
8/12/02 (MM paradigm)