RE: [IP] Sorry, The Animas Experiment is Over

Harry wrote:
> under the
> circumstances, I do not think that this pump is the one for me.
> Next up is the Disetronic D-Tron Plus.
> Harry

Hey Harry,

I'm shocked to hear that you're dissatisfied with the Animus pump. There are
a couple of people here who could perhaps help you figure out a way to deal
with some of the IR1000 quirks.

Though I don't use the IR1000, I found that it was a good pump and would
meet my basic pumping needs. However, during my researching phase prior to
going live with a pump, I discovered that the Paradigm pump both met and
exceeded my needs in a much more refined and easier-to-use way. I love the
fact that:

1) it's waterproof; has both Dual and Square Wave extended bolus features
for up to eight hours

2) it has a vibrate or audio mode (either of which can be turned off, I

3) it has a larger view screen backlight

4) the ESCAPE button allows you to immediately exit a menu and return to the
previous if you make a mistake (why don't all pumps have this?)

5) fewer key presses allow you to accomplish whatever you're trying to do,

6) no microscopic-sized batteries to fumble with, especially if you tend to
fat-finger things

7) it comes packaged with a fantastic workbook, user-guide, and video - any
of which will give you all the info you need to quickly get pumping and
enjoying all the Paradigm features

I could go on, but I shouldn't. I'm starting to sound like Mike S. pulling
one of his hard sells for the Animas (just ribbing you, Mike!)

Maybe I missed an earlier post, but is there a reason that you're not
looking into the Paradigm? If so, disregard this message. I'm not familiar
with the Disetronic pumps so I can't comment on them. Most of all, best of
luck with your choice of pump.

Keith G.