[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #678

>Re: [IP] Re: Blood Drive & Diabetes
> > The American Red Cross's "official" policy is that all
> > insulin dependent diabetics can give blood.  They
> > might require a letter from your physician stating
> > that you have the MD's permission to do such.  This
> > policy was established about 7 years ago.

The only question I've seen asked around here is phrased something along the
lines of "If you are diabetic and inject insulin, have you used beef- or
pork-based insulin in the past" however many years.  More of a Mad Cow and
Hoof and Mouth Disease thing, than anything else, from what I can see.

Weird Jenn
email @ redacted
AIM:  jspock1
ICQ:  25177424