Re: [IP] Tennis

I do NOT disconnect during tennis.  I attach it to the
back of my tennis skirt (clip to the waist).  That way
I don't bump it while playing.  Have never had any
trouble with hitting it or having any sort of
collision with it (most of my collisions are with my
partner on the doubles court - full contact tennis! -
the scars & scabs on my knees attest to that).

I have only used the temp basal a couple of times.
Instead, I suck down a package of GU or Power Gel on
cross over.  I also have a 5-second meter so I'm not
in violation of the 90 second rule.  Sometimes my BG
soars during play due to the adrenaline - so I bolus

It's a couple of hours later that I can get into
trouble with lows.  Chocolate helps. :-)

-gail in denver
Dx'd 02/14/72 @ age 11, pumping since 1985-ish.

Gail in Denver or any other tennis players: Do you
disconnect while playing tennis? My BG will drop about
100 points a match because of the exercise, and
I've started disconnecting while playing. That also
prevents bumping the pump while playing. Any thoughts?

Do you Yahoo!?