In a message dated 10/3/02 5:55:03 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>The folks at Animas have been diligent in making sure
>that Pacificare had the information they needed.  Am
>hoping they will help me out with the next appeal
>process.  That and my boyfriend the attorney.

Don't give up at all.  Animas did not have any contract with my Iowa
Wellmark/Blue Cross two years ago when I wanted an Animas.  They DID have
contracts with MM and Dis.  But everyone persisted and I got an animas.  I
could have had a MM or Dis. at my door within a few days, but I wanted an
Animas - it did take about 3 to 4 weeks for all the ins. to be worked out
with Animas - but for me it was worth the wait.  Maybe if you have had a
CGMS lately and can PROVE the .5 needed difference would that help?  I was
on the first software version of animas and had a basal of .1 from 6 pm to
midnight and still went low every single night unless I snacked.  After
animas came out with an updated software version in spring of 2001 I got the
updated pump and switched my basal to .05 from 6 pm to 11 pm and my sugars
stay completely even.  I am a 44 year old adult and am very sensitive to the
insulin.  When I was looking at pumps the MM rep in our area was adament
that a .05 difference in insulin per hour would not make any differences as
that was way too small an amount to matter in one's body, but he didn't have
MY body!
Don't get any less than you deserve from your insurance company - and you
deserve the pump YOU want - whatever brand it might be.\