RE: [IP] Day 1 on the Animas Pump

I'm not going to make excuses for Animas, or try to give work arounds for
valid design flaws, but your list made me curious.

1)Temp Basals- We have used the -50% and the 0% for swimming. But I can see
that a -75% might be nice if you need only 25% of your normal. The nice
thing about Animas is the 4 basal patterns allow you to set 1 just for this
type of scenario. And it only takes a few button presses to change from
basal #1 Normal to #2 Weekend to #3 Exercise to #4 PMS. ;-)

2) Cartridge volume readings-I'm curious what your daily total is, that it's
important to know a daily total down to the 0.1 units? My daughter is on
about 60 units, so neither the 5 unit reservoir volume, nor the 1 unit daily
total is much of an issue. I suppose this could be an issue for someone
using a very small amount of insulin.

3) Battery compartment- we change the batteries once a month, where we have
a table, light, no stress and time. Lindsey carries spare batteries in case
of an emergency, but no tool.

4)Priming-What's dangerous? You always disconnect before a prime, and count
the drips, then reconnect?

5)Key presses-Animas has removed some of the key presses required to do some
of the functions, in the IR1000, but with nothing to compare to, it's hasn't
been an issue.

6)LCD Screen- you can damage the screen if you have someone open a door into
it.  BTDT

7)Audio Bolus Button-while the inability to completely shut off the audio
could be viewed as a nuisance or a safety feature, it would be nice to have
the option.

And as a parent of a young pumper, the choice of which pump was very easy.
Although I did like the 2 pump feature of the H-Tron, it's lack of
additional features got it quickly eliminated from consideration.

Good luck with whatever pump you choose.