[IP] I AM SO ANGRY (trying this again)

I just got the call from Pacificare HMO Colorado's
ombudsperson.  My request for the Animas pump has been
denied, BUT they are willing to pay for a new

Let's see.  Basal rate at .2 units from 1:00 a.m. to
4:00 a.m. and I am flapping on the bed from
hypoglycemia.  Basal rate at .1 unit from 1:00 a.m. to
4:00 a.m. and my BG is at 350.  Hmmm.  I weigh 135, am
5'4" tall and take 22 units TOTAL per day.  Can you
say insulin sensitivity????

How in GAWD'S name is the Paradigm going to make a
difference???!~!!!!???  It can't give me .05 units
like the Animas.

The ombudsperson explained that the reason they will
approve the Paradigm is because it is in their plan.
I said "He is NOT my physician and I do NOT need the

I am soooo angry.  Animas is even willing to give them
the IN CONTRACT price!  I cannot believe this
STOOOOOPID decision.  Okay - I'm venting now.

I also told her "I refuse to accept the Paradigm since
it cannot improve my control from what I have
currently with my existing MM pump."

The folks at Animas have been diligent in making sure
that Pacificare had the information they needed.  Am
hoping they will help me out with the next appeal
process.  That and my boyfriend the attorney.

Ohhhh, I am not happy.  Time to go bash the tennis
ball at my opponent...

-gail in denver
Dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11, pumping since 1985-ish.

Do you Yahoo!?