[IP] Middle of the Night checks

We too do the middle of the night checks and have for the 4 years that Kevin
has had diabetes. No one told us to keep doing it, in fact the Endo chastises
us for it each time we go. BUT, we feel totally justified because we have
caught many ups and downs. Kevin is 14 and VERY active into soccer. He plays
2-3 hours a day...and there is no telling what his body is thinking on a daily
basis! ha ha

Usually, we check when we are going to bed (11pm-12am) and then once or twice
more according to when he last ate, and what that 11pm check was. It is
exhausting for us, but we feel it is important. Years ago, we read an article
about the "Dead in Bed Syndrome" and it scared us to death! That is what drags
our sleepy butts out of bed each night!

Mom to Kevin, 14, dx 12/98
pumping 5/99