[IP] Re: Maverick's story

Of course, Barbara is right that initial permission is needed and I don't
claim to know the rules for a private company using copy for advertising
purposes. But, I do know as a journalist for nearly a decade that if you've
agreed to tell your story to a reporter/writer, most publications (reputable
ones anyway) would never allow copy to be reviewed before publication, but
reporters can go over quotes with sources for accuracy.
I can't tell you how many requests I've received from sources to fax entire
stories to them for approval before going to print. I've never worked for a
news organization that allowed that and I'm thankful. I go by the same rules
as a freelancer. Talk about opening up a hornet's nest, can of worms,
whatever you want to call it.
I just realized this is off topic, but nonetheless I thought kind of
important to clarify.
dxed T1 9/92, pumping since 1/02