[IP] blood/bone marrow donation

every fall my college holds a massive blood drive coupled with a drive to get people tested for a
national bone marrow registry. i am very much interested in getting involved, but i don't know
whether i am allowed to do either. i have heard conflicting reports on whether or not diabetics
can give blood or donate marrow. i'm a registered organ donor, which the virginia dmv didn't seem
to have a problem with even though they know about my diabetes. if i can't participate, i'll still
work to get other people to get tested, but i would love to be able to be  a part of it myself.

Do you Yahoo!?