Re: [IP] Backup pump vs meter - was: My Bad One Touch Ultra Experience

We travel with a back-up meter AND a back-up pump -- oh, and insulin and
syringes too . . . (yes, I freely admit to being a paranoid pumpmama -- or at
least one who doesn't mind schlepping lots of stuff "just in cas").  When
traveling in the US, you don't have to worry too much about being able to
quickly replace a dead meter because (at least in my experience) in an
emergency you can get a meter at any pharmacy (maybe not your preferred meter
but a meter that you can use).  I'm curious though about those who have
traveled outside the country.  Are meters and, especially, test strips
readily available -- and are they compatible with the meters found in the US

Pumpmama to Katie