[IP] Antibiotics

Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 18:16:15 EDT
From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] removing insertion set

In a message dated 10/1/02 5:14:04 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted

> From my understanding, since it is an antibiotic, you can become immune to
> its effects after awhile. Then when you really need it, it won't work. :-(

I could be wrong (have been before and will be again) but I think that only
applies to ingested not topical antibiotics.....
- -*******---*******
Beverly, Mom to Mary, NINE!!, dx'd 9/97, pumping with Animas and Nick, who
now ten!
It really applys to all sites. The antibiotics kill off the bacteria that
are not resistant to neomycin, leaving the ones that are not. the bugs are
sometimes called superbugs. When doing Colon olr bladder surgery we used to
wash out the bladder and colon with neomycin since it cannot be taken by
mouth. Most problems with antibiotics do occur from oral or injections of
the antibiotic. I and many of my friends used to use lincomycin since it did
not cross react with penicillin and had the same spectrum., you are on the
right track, spot
A. L. Bender, M. D.