[IP] Re: control/a1cs throughout our diabetes existance

> ***how long you've been diagnosed with diabetes;

Fifty-two years in about 5 more weeks.

> ***what your control has been like throughout your diagnosis

Not good at all. Mom was afraid of lows so kept me well fed. My diet was a
*nuisance* after about 3 weeks. I often had fruity-smelling breath. To avoid
going the the hospital, I quit seeing my doc for about 3 years in the early

> AND ****if you're experiencing any (hopefully not) complications from this
lovely old condition.

I have had or now have neuropathy, retinopathy, cataracts, frozen shoulder,
ptosis repairs due to eyelids drooping 3 yrs after cataract surgeries,
endometriosis, hypothyroidism, hypertension, 6 heart blockages, and am now
on dialysis. I did have an A1c of 15.6 years ago, but that may have been
that other *style* of test. Either way, it was bad. No tests like that until
the early-mid '80s.

If I had known I'd live this long I would have taken better care of myself ~
Mark Twain