[IP] Backup pump vs meter - was: My Bad One Touch Ultra Experience

>>> This is why I've always traveled with a backup meter.  Lots
of discussion lately about travel loaner pumps, but having my pump
crash doesn't scare me half as much as having a meter go bad.  I
could live a few days with 5 or 6 shots, but life would be a crap shoot
without a BG meter. <<<

I agree, and for that reason my backup pump is a vial of insulin and
syringes.  Without the information provided by my meter, the pump offers
only modest improvement over MDI.  Even with information provided by a meter
using MDI is still a crapshoot.  Fortunately, I have never needed a backup
pump and only once, through my own negligence in not having a spare battery,
have I needed a backup meter.

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956
MiniMed 507 - 1998