[IP] Re: pulling of tape ...was [my first solo insertion]

Have you tried rubbing some skin lotion on and around the tape, first.  Also,
a bit of oily nail polish remover can get the tape loosened enough to get it
started. I recommend a tissue kept handy to apply pressure over the insertion
site once the needle/catheter is removed. It is good to be prepared for any
"surprise!" gushers that might occur.  If one does, then press into the site
with the tissue for 5 minutes. Don't rub it.

 >i hate pulling off tape.
liz - ottawa<