Re: [IP] 504 plan - type protection for college students

 "What the college is trying to
tell you politely is "welcome to the real world". "

We sent our son off, entirely on his own resources laast year. That
university took us to task for NOT telling everyone. This one has reacted
badly to me following EXACTLY JDRF's suggestions for what you should do.

It is very hard for you to know the content of the leter we received. Take
it from me it was nasty. We are not the kind of parents who are asking for
special treatment.

Today, returnig a call from the person who contacted me, I was very nice,
and I offered to send some brochures and lit from JDRF so they would feel
more comfortable. Her response was "oh I have that stuff up the wazoo. we
have to deal with problems like this every hyear or so" So, I thanked her,
and said I was relieved to hear she knew everything about diabetes, and hung