Re: [IP] ACE Inhibitors

>>> I know Michael has posted that 24
hr urine tests are antiquated, but in Melissa's case, a first morning
collection was inexplicably NORMAL, whereas the full 24 hr collection was
horribly ABNORMAL(and she did 6 of them that summer).>>>

If it *is* antiquated, I wonder why my state-of-the-art nephrology center
with 5 top-notch kidneyologists still use the 24-hr. collection thingy? This
test also requires a blood draw very near to the last *contribution* before
taking it to the lab. How can a simple one-pee test do the overall results
of the 24-hr one with blood draw giving about 15 diff. conclusions? Maybe
I'd better tell them to *get with it*?? LOL

>>>    But then again, the gynecologist also asked Melissa when she was dx'd
(age 9) & how long she's had to take insulin. Melissa almost blurted out
"DUH - aren't they one & the same???", but didn't!>>>

And at dialysis last night I told a nurse I've had DM 52 yrs next month. She
asked if I had been a Juvenile DMer? I said, "Well, it *was* 2 years before
I was born."  MOST people I tell that to believe me, she caught on right
away. But how old do I look - and take off 52 years? (~_^)

Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what in the world