Re: [IP] Chocolate RE: Cheating

The main difference between starbursts and
chocolate is the fat.  Chocolate has high
fat-content and starbursts have no fat.

I usually see bg rise 3 hours after eating
something like chocolate, so I add in an
extended/square bolus when I eat these foods.
I use a similar strategy with high-protein
foods.

I got great info on this from my CDE, also
from "Pumping Insulin", and here:
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/howto/pfandbs.html

regards,
markt

I still consider eating chocolate, cheating since I
find that even on the
pump, I still go high after I eat chocolate so if I
eat chocolate, I have to
prepare myself for going high. It doesn't happen as
much when I eat sweets
like starburst candies or something, just happens with
chocolate.

Jacqui