Re: [IP] Re: Type I diabetes may affect learning

>I was diagnosed before kindergarten at age 5 1/2, graduated with an A/B
>average with honors, 54th out of a class of 500.  Then not only became a
>registered pharmacist, but also spent 17 years doing volunteer work as an
>EMT/Paramedic.  Don't ever let anyone tell you that diabetes will negatively
>affect learning.  BTW, I was never in good control until I started pumping 2
>years ago at the age of 36!!
>aka Mouse

I disagree 100%.  This may be a "YMMV" issue but bg stability
directly affected my ability to learn and perform in grade school and
does affect my "intellect" and mood to this day.  I know this is true
for many if not most others as has been posted here on numerous

At age 15 Ii was put on two injections per day up form one and this
dramatically improved the bg's.  It dropped A1c's down to only 15-18!
At higher levels on a daily basis my average was in the 60's and upon
getting on two injections per day and the A1C down to 15 I was on the
honour role in one year with no effort.

bg control directly affects one's ability to learn and to cognitively
function in most cases if not all.  Period.

Darrin Parker - Canada!
I use the insulin infusion thanks to the support of wonderful
internet friends & the http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org

The Insulin Infusion Pump instantly gave me better control than I had
achieved in 27 years of MDI!  To date:  50% improvement in average
bg's & fewer hypos.
Best pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  1st & 2nd post-pump HeA1c = 5.1 &  7.0