[IP] Has any one tried bitter melon

I am studying natural medicine and was wondering if there was any out there
who has tried bitter melon to lower blood sugars and keep them under control?
This fruit  can be in juice form or a pill. "It is good for transitional
periods of diabetes, or destabilization". It is supposed to be taken for 2 or
3 months at 50 mg a day.
I wonder if its worth a try. I Am not a doctor so if anyone does try this ask
your doctor first .

Jennifer Hughes