Re: [IP] Re: Kathy and Medic Alert bracelet

In a message dated 10/31/2001 4:19:14 PM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> It will only matter that ONE time you are found unconcious. They
>  won't know if it is a drug OD, you are drunk, injured, whatever.....
>  The medical ID gives them a clue at least and is only really useful
>  if you are out of it. The information on it does not need to be
>  detailed, only enough to let the EMT's and DOC's know what kind of
>  problems to look for.

I have to say I agree with with Michael . . . and also, as a parent, I really
value the fact that  along with the basic medical info (type 1 diabetes,
insulin pump, and her heart condition) on my daughter's bracelet and readily
available to EMTs or Docs if she was unconscious or just out-of-it, they can
also call the 800 number and find out who she is and get contact names and
numbers so that that can get ahold of family quickly .  .  . Hopefully it
will never be needed, but it does give me some piece of mind . . .

Pumpmama to Katie