Re: [IP] Re: Kathy and Medic Alert bracelet

> >Medic Alert has an 800 number or you can go to www.medicalert.org to
> > >order. I recently received a 10k gold-filled bracelet, (about $80) and
> > >it actually doesn't look too bad.  I wear it on my left wrist next to >my
> >watch.  (Really wanted the 14K but didn't want to pay so much!)  >I'm not
> >sure about the nickel-free. Ask them - they are very >accommodating.
> Does anyone really think its worth it to purchase a medical id?  In
> the hundreds of times I have had EMT's in my house, or been in the
> hospital, I have *never once* had anyone even ask if I had one, or
> look for one.

It will only matter that ONE time you are found unconcious. They
won't know if it is a drug OD, you are drunk, injured, whatever.....
The medical ID gives them a clue at least and is only really useful
if you are out of it. The information on it does not need to be
detailed, only enough to let the EMT's and DOC's know what kind of
problems to look for. Even if you listed only the names of each
condition it would help.