[IP] diluting

(i tried to post this the other day, it seems to have bounced back so i'm
trying again. sorry if it did get through twice in the end)

my 3 1/2 year old daughter started pumping a couple months ago, and some
people mentioned diluting insulin. we thought we didnt need to, but now we are
trying to fine tune a bit more, and it seems like it would be helpful.

However, we've been told that "diluted insulin isnt available here" (we live
in Israel.)
This seems odd to me ; don't people just dilute their own when filling the
resevior? we diluted in a syringe when first diagnosed, so i dont see why this
would be so different.

any help would be appreciated. we have an appointment with out endo, and would
love to come into the discussion with some more information on how/why to do
(kind of like we did when we pushed for the pump in young child ;-) )

chanie kadden
mom of shifra, diagnosed type 1 at 12 mos., pumping since august.