[IP] Sharpening Stones?!?!?!?

So I guess some of you old-timers really did live
during the "Stone Age"  ;)

Mystie & Slinky =)

Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 10:22:33 -0700
From: "Thomas Beatson" <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] Changing Lancets and Needles

Roger Campbell wrote:

>Frank I am sure people on this list, Tom, Jan,
myself in the 50+ years
>category remember boiling needles each day. I
remember the hooks on 26 GA
>needles we used a wet stone to fix.

I just checked the drawer in the spare bedroom
where I keep all the
relics, and found that I still have, not one, but
two stones that I
used for sharpening needles. I don't use them any
more, and it's
probably been about 25 years since either of them
were used. Back in
those days I was glad to have them. Why 2 stones?
I think it was just
a matter of someone giving me the second one. I
don't recall which one
came first, and I'm not going to try and

Tom Beatson
dx 1942, pump 1995

Do You Yahoo!?