RE: [IP] Getting enough blood from cold fingers

In a message dated 10/29/01 7:13:56 PM, email @ redacted (Jim Handsfield) writes:

<< Pete Townsend of The Who makes big circles with his whole arm, catching
the strings with his pick as they go past the strings.  It's quite showy (but
questionable musicianship!).  But if you make a few fast swings of your whole
arm, it will force blood into your fingers by centrifugal force. >>
And I suppose it would be good for my frozen shoulder, too <gr.>.  But as I
was stopped at a traffic light this afternoon and considering testing in my
none-too-spacious car, I particularly enjoyed picturing recent testing sites
-- a concert hall, a lecture hall, and a church service.

Linda Z